20/01/12 13:04 Filed in: App development
Have you been thinking about a mobile app for your business lately?
I suspect you may have convinced yourself that you don’t really need one, or it’s something that can wait another 6 months. After all, what’s wrong with the old methods you have been using to reach your customers?
Let me give you 10 good reasons why you should be thinking seriously about taking the plunge.
- 90% of people would rather lose their wallet than their Smartphone.
- 70% of people who changed their phones over the festive break opted for a Smartphone
- 82% of people send and check messages from their Smartphone.
- By 2013 Gartner predicts that mobile will be the no 1 way that consumers access the internet.
- People don’t take their PC’s out to dinner or the gym but they do take their Smartphone.
- Facebook Twitter and LinkedIn all grew their mobile audience by 50% in the past year.
- Redemption rates on mobile vouchers/coupons are 10 times greater than on a traditional coupon.
- In 2011 $1 billion was spent on mobile advertising, by 2015 predictions are likely to be about $4.5 billion.
- More than half of mobile social networkers accessed sites on a daily basis from their devices. 55% Twitters traffic is from mobile and 43% of Facebook’s is mobile.
- Ebay claims 15 million people, worldwide have downloaded its iPhone app in 190 countries and globally an item is brought through Ebay’s app every two seconds.
Apps create a greater opportunity for engagement with your customers. For this reason, mobile apps should be part of your overall strategy and generate long-term value for you, however Apps should help you build revenue or they should build user engagement for your business.
The more you use mobile marketing personally, the more you will understand it and how it can help and work for your business !
Whatever you are spending on mobile advertising, spend more! Seriously, check out how much you are spending based on how much time your customers spend with that medium. As an organization how much do you spend on advertising in magazines or newspapers? How much time in a day, do your customers spend with this form of media?
Now how much time do your customers spend with their Smartphones!
Maybe NOW is the time to start thinking about your mobile proposition.
If you would like synthaeum to help you with a Mobile app please contact us.
Credits to: comScore MobiLens, Gartner, Klenner Perkins, BBC